Reduction of noise emissions from trams in urban areas
STUVA, together with Ramboll Germany, was commissioned by the Federal Environment Agency to investigate how the expansion of rail-based transport systems can be promoted by reducing noise emissions and, if necessary, how the implementation of measures can be accelerated through their increased acceptance by the public.
The following guiding questions were addressed:
- Who are the relevant actors for implementing noise-reducing measures?
- What legal and organisational tools are available to the relevant actors?
- What noise-reducing measures are available?
- Which noise-reducing measures make sense in macroeconomic terms and how could incentives be created for their implementation?
- What form could a monitoring system for noise-reducing measures take?
Answers to these questions and recommendations for action can be found in the final report on the project (FKZ 3717 54 102 0), which is available free of charge via the adjacent link.