Why a young forum?
The entry into a constantly developing and internationally operating industry presents young engineers of all disciplines with great challenges. Particularly during the start of a career, it is often difficult to gain an overview of existing networks, associations and organisations as well as the state of the art. The STUVA-YEP - Forum for Young Engineering Professionals was established to facilitate and support this very entry.
By participating in regular events such as workshops and visits to construction sites, STUVA-YEP offers a platform for networking and the exchange of experience among young engineers on a professional and personal level. The most efficient tool for new developments is the exchange of ideas and views on short ways. It is our goal to jointly shape and help shape German tunnel construction in the coming decades.
Networking young engineers
- Expansion of the personal network through participation in regular events
- Increasing the attractiveness of underground mining for students and future career starters
- Support of career start through improved information exchange
Knowledge Exchange Research | Practice
- Design of workshops for young engineers of young engineers on current topics
- Shortening of exchange paths, personal exchange
- Extension of one's own knowledge horizon
- Creation of a network between research and practice
- Contact with national and international networks
- Organisation of international meetings of young engineers
Membership is open to all interested young engineers up to the age of 35 who are active in German tunnel construction or an affiliated industry.
- Breakthrough 2018 STUVA Forum for Young Engineering Professionals officially founded
- Tunnel 03/2018 STUVA Forum For Young Engineering Professionals: First Workshop on „Digitalisation in Tunnelling“
- Tunnels and Tunnelling 01/2018 German young professionals group launched
- News RUB 12/2017 Junge Tunnelbauexperten vernetzen sich
- Lehrstuhl für Tunnelbau, Leitungsbau und Baubetrieb RUB 2018 Jung, kompetent, motiviert
- STUVA-YEP: Vorträge mit Exkursionen zu Baustellen des Projekts Stuttgart-Ulm